Schedule a tour to the Musical Instrument Museum (MIM), Arizona’s best field-trip destination! A visit to MIM delivers exciting learning opportunities that combine arts education, social studies, and science with a fun experience. Young people can plunge into exceptional sensory experiences, with dynamic audio and video recordings built into every exhibit. More than 6,500 musical instruments and objects are displayed in MIM’s five major Geographic Galleries. Guideports (wireless headsets) and high-resolution video screens allow museum guests to see, hear, and observe the instruments.
Every tour includes time in the Experience Gallery, where youths can engage in valuable hands-on activities that include touching and playing authentic instruments from many different countries.
Music is truly the universal language and MIM knows how to speak it.
—Paola Lopez, 14 years old
MIM’S YOUTH GROUP TOURS
- Choose from nine different tour formats for ages 3–18.
- The two-hour experience features an orientation video, special tours, free-choice learning, and time in the Experience Gallery. Group tours are welcome to stay longer than two hours, if your time allows it!
- Tours are offered seven days a week during regular business hours. MIM’s suggested tour time is 3:00 p.m. on weekdays, but our team will be delighted to work with you to tailor the tour’s time and length to your needs.
- Tours are customizable for any age level.
- Minimum group size is 10 and maximum is 120.
- $8 admission fee per youth; the Signature Workshop Program is an additional $2 per youth.
- Chaperones help to ensure a first-rate experience for all students. MIM recommends that the organization provides one chaperone for every five youths aged 3–12 and one for every ten youths aged 13–18; MIM will admit those chaperones at no additional cost.
- $75 deposit or a Purchase Order (P.O.) will hold the reservation and apply toward final payment.
- MIM meets all Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements for accessibility. Please notify the Education Team prior to your tour for any special-needs requests.
WHAT IS CONSIDERED A “YOUTH GROUP”?
Youth group tours are arranged by a teacher, youth administrator, or camp counselor. Youth groups may include:
- Scout troops (any level of Boy or Girl Scouts)
- Organized after-school or recreational youth groups (e.g., Boys & Girls Clubs, YMCA youth groups, church-affiliated youth groups, camp counselor‒led groups)
To receive the youth tour rate, the following must apply:
- Youths (ages 3–18) are the main participants in the tour.
- There must be a group of 10 or more youths in the group.
- The tour must be booked in advance through MIM’s School and Youth Group Tour Coordinator.
YOUTH GROUP TOUR ADMISSION FEES
- $8 – Student tour admission (ages 3–18);
- $2 – Signature Workshop Programs (additional, per student).
BOOK YOUR YOUTH GROUP TOUR TODAY
Make your reservation by completing the online Youth Group Tour Request Form at least fifteen days in advance. Once your tour is booked, secure your $75 deposit (P.O. #, check, or credit card) within ten business days to hold your reservation. MIM will then e-mail your reservation confirmation and pre-visit materials. If you have questions, please contact MIM’s School and Youth Group Tour Coordinator at 480.245.6919 or grouptours@MIM.org.The reduced youth tour rate only applies to groups that have reserved a tour in advance through this process.
MIM meets all Americans with Disabilities Act requirements for accessibility. Please notify the Education Team prior to your tour for any special-needs requests.
BOOK A TOUR